Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Connecting with Government


United States Senator Debbie Stabenow - Michigan
July 26, 2011


Thank you for contacting me about protecting public lands and our marine life. I share your concerns about protecting these areas.

Michigan has magnificent public lands including three national forests and 19 million acres of priceless forest cover. Our public lands, especially our forests, are vital to Michigan's economy. These areas create jobs, generate tourism dollars and provide many recreational opportunities. 

As a member of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, I supported nearly 100 bills last year that would have protected public lands and waters across the country. As Congress considers new public land and water protection bills, I will be working with my colleagues to ensure that many of these bills are reconsidered. As this process proceeds, I will keep your concerns about this issue in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

DS:MV
U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow
The United States Senate • Washington, DC 20510
stabenow.senate.gov
  

No comments:

Post a Comment